About the Church
The old stone church in the village of Locktown in Delaware Township, New Jersey, was built in 1819. It is a beautiful example of the federal architectural style used in early 19th century Old School Baptist meeting houses in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. The building, which has no congregation, is owned by Delaware Township and is listed on the State and National Registers of Historic Sites. A cemetery dating from the eighteenth century is nearby.
In modern times it is used as a cultural venue, historic site, special events setting and meeting place. Learn more about the History of the Locktown Stone Church.
Board of Trustees
Mildred Wehr (deceased)
Funding has been made possible in part by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts/Department of State, a Partner Agency of the National Endowment for the Arts, through funds administered by the Hunterdon County Cultural & Heritage Commission.
Funding has also been received from the Large Foundation.
Additional support from our generous donors (see Friends Report Annual Newsletter for a list of names)
how to find us
323 Locktown-Sergeantsville Road
For a map and